Wednesday, November 17, 2010

George W Bush - Decision Points free pdf download



This week sees the release of former President George W. Bush's memoir, "Decision Points," certain to be the non-vampire, non-Jonathan Franzen event of the publishing season.

Described by the New York Times as "a dogged work of reminiscence by an author not naturally given to introspection," the book focuses on the major decisions of Bush's presidency -- the invasion of Iraq, the authorization of waterboarding, the question of whether to drop Dick Cheney as vice president.

Below are 10 quotes. Five are from the book, five are made-up. Answers are below. Guess which are which and receive a fabulous prize*.

*Not really.

1. "(R)emoving Saddam from power was the right decision...for all the difficulties that followed, America is safer without a homicidal dictator pursuing WMD and supporting terror at the heart of the Middle East."

2. "Meh, I always preferred Weezy to Kanye, anyhow."

3. "Whatever the verdict on my presidency, I'm comfortable with the fact that I won't be around to hear it."

4. "Barney spotted our neighbor's lawn, where he promptly took care of his business. There I was, the former president of the United States, with a plastic bag on my hand, picking up that which I had been dodging for the past eight years."

5. "Prediction: In two years, you'll have completely forgotten why I was so unpopular at the end of my second term."

6. "If there's one thing I regret, it's not taking more vacation time. Brush doesn't exactly clear itself, you know."

7. "(Donald Rumsfeld) had told me the military was investigating reports of abuse at the prison, but I had no idea how graphic or grotesque the photos would be. The first time I saw them was the day they were aired on '60 Minutes II'."

8. "For a few months during my administration, I lost the nuclear codes."

9. "No one was more shocked or angry than I was when we didn't find the weapons. I had a sickening feeling every time I thought about it. I still do."

10. "I gave the go-ahead for waterboarding because I thought they were talking about wakeboarding, which is awesome."

Bush: 1, 3, 4, 7, 9. Not Bush: 2, 5, 6, 8 (this allegedly happened during Bill Clinton's presidency), 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...